App creating 2 cutting blades / layers

A few days ago, I was successfully creating STL files by dropping an outline into Cookiecad. Now, whenever I drop in a new outline, it produces a cutter with 2 blades… but these layers go all the way through to the bottom. If I fill it in as a silhouette, it works perfectly. If I drop in a outline from a few days before, it still works perfectly. I can’t see any visual difference between the outlines being used but the results are different. This is all new to me so I am wondering what am I overlooking? The
“extra blade” option is not turned on. While I have a workaround (making them all silhouettes), any insight as to what is going wrong would be appreciated!

Here is what the double layer one looks like.
I am limited to only one pic but can send others if needed.

This happens if there is a gap (or very light area) in your outline. Cookiecad traces the outline comes across the gap and continues to trace inside thinking it is still part of the outside. To fix it look carefully at the outline and darken up and light areas or gaps. If you can’t find the gap, share the image and I’ll take a look. Silhouettes are working because there can’t be a gap in a silhouette.

1 Like