Cookiecad is not working right due to widespread internet outage

A widespread internet outage caused by Amazon has affected many sites including Cookiecad. I’ll update this thread when they provide more information or when it has been repaired.

2 Likes

I have what I consider a pretty simple image that gets hung when it tries to trace it. I have other images in my library that work fine, so it’s just this one. It doesn’t seem complicated, so I am not sure what could be causing it. The status bar goes all the way across quickly and then it just sits in the “this may take some time” state forever. Any thoughts?

Hi @dbbaskette, it’s not you - unfortunately a widespread Amazon outage is causing issues right now.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yep. It’s causing me issues at work as well.

Cookiecad is working for me just now, Im in Australia.

That’s great news! It may be spotty while they recover whatever it is they broke. Here is Amazon’s latest update:

[12:34 PM PST] […] We continue to work toward mitigation, and are actively working on a number of different mitigation and resolution actions. While we have observed some early signs of recovery, we do not have an ETA for full recovery.

Got it to work!! Had to reload the page once it said tracing because it looks like it’s not working but then it took me to the customization page and then was able to get my stl.

1 Like

Cookiecad appears to be working fine right now - although they haven’t given the all clear yet. Thanks for your patience everyone.

The issue should be fully resolved. If you encounter any problems let me know.

1 Like

Is this still going on today? I’m getting an “Error in get CutterMesh: Polygon is self intersecting!” message.

Hi, that is not related to the outage. That error occurs sometimes on complex images and usually goes away if you adjust the size a tiny amount, try making the cutter 1mm larger or smaller. If that doesn’t work you can share the image to support@cookiecad.com and we’ll take a look.

1 Like