Help needed in reducing printing time please

Good morning, I’m a newbie and need help please. I knew that it takes long to print a cookie cutter but not this long. I had 4 cutters (60mm longest side)
on the plate yesterday and printing time was 16h14m which is way too long for my liking. Can you please help me to get my cutters to print in a shorter time as I’m worried about costs. I designed on Cookiecad and sliced with the updated version of Cura on my Ender 3 V2. Thank you so much.

The biggest gain will be from increasing the layer height. Set layer height to 0.28 and you should see a big drop in print time. After that if you want further increase, you can play with the speed - especially infill and travel which shouldn’t have much of an effect on looks.

1 Like

Thank you, I increased the layer height to 0.28 and the speed to 110 and it looks like printing time is down to 2hrs per cutter. I feel quite lost as this is all foreign to me and hard to figure out especially Cura. I hope that you can help me with a profile which will make it easier and more economical to make cookie cutters. I’m not looking to make fancy intricate cutters, just want to play and learn along the way. Thank you so much for your assistance.

deziscookies, It looks like you could decrease the width of the center bars in those cutters, less material would shorten the print time as well.

1 Like

Thank you, I have since making those cutters learnt a lot and are down to about 1hr per cookie cutter. I’m really pleased that I joined Cookiecad, it’s easy to use and love being part of this community.

1 Like

Also, I did not think about it until now, but what size nozzle are you using? The smaller the nozzle the longer it would take as well. We usually use a .4mm nozzle, but have recently gone down to a .25mm nozzle and that doubles our time, but it is so we can do more detailed things.