Holes in blade of cutter

Hi all! I have been trying several different settings in Cura to make this cutter print without holes. I am using it for polymer clay and the blade is a .4mm thickness and I am using a .4 nozzle. I have all the settings recommended by other users in this forum and while it has improved some, there are still major holes around the blade. I have many ideas I want to design, but the blades keep coming out like this. This cutter is meant to be a half inch tooth.

In Cura, after slicing - click preview to see the sliced preview. Do you see the gaps there? If so, it is Cura that is doing it not your printer.

Look for a setting called thin walls and turn it on. If Cura was causing the gaps, then that should fix it.

Yes it does show up on Cura and it must be Cura causing the issue. Print thin walls was already checked…it has not helped.

My guess is I need to try another slicer? If so, my Weedo only works with Cura. Any thoughts on how I can get my printer settings into Prusa?

Check what your line width is set to in Cura, make sure it’s not higher than 0.4 if your blade is 0.4.

Try setting the blade to 0.44 instead or even 0.5. That should fix it.

I think that worked!!! Wow the amount of time I have spent on this and it was that easy.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

You’re very welcome!