Imprint cutter, blade thickness not used

Hello all,

I have the following picture which I add to the default designer (app.cookiecad.com).

The result is awesome but when I try to edit the Blade Thickness the changes are only applied to the outer line and not the inner square in this case.

Am I doing something wrong?

I think I might have found the answer by clicking on experimental features, Thicken Interior, but it seems to be a premium only option :slight_smile:

Yes - you can use thicken interior and put a positive or negative number (to reduce thickness) to adjust it. You can get it to work that way with a little trial and error. The reason the blade thickness doesn’t apply to the inside is that the standard imprint is meant to make a stamp and not a blade, so it will use the thickness of the line (or other shape) you upload.

However, there is an easy solution: a better way to make a cutout cutter where both blades will use the “blade thickness”. You just need to fill in the image and use edges only - See here: How to create a 3d printed doughnut cutter with center cut out using Cookiecad