New at printing. Problem with cutting blade

See the two wall edge on the cutting blade. How do I make it solid? Cookie dough gets stuck in the cutter and it is only good for a couple of uses

Hi,

This can happen for a few reasons. In this case, the lines on top of your handle aren’t touching and show gaps and the gap goes all the way around; these imply that you are under extruding.

Underextruding can happen for a few reasons - it could be a clog, or it could just be a setting. Did this used to work fine and just started happening? If so, it is likely a clog or other extrusion problem.

However, if this has always been happening then the first thing to try is simply to tell the printer to extrude more and see if that resolves it. You have two ways you can do this - one is to google how to calibrate e steps for your model of printer. The easier method is to go into your slicer and increase the flow rate by 5% (The default is 100% so go to 105%). In PrusaSlicer the setting is called “extrusion multiplier”, in the filament tab. In Cura it is called “flow” under material settings:

Hope that helps! Let me know if it works.

I was able to print a cutter that didn’t fall apart but it took four hours and looked terrible.

My husband said I might need a new “hot end” or is this something that you think could be fixed with settings?

What did you change to go from the first photo to this most recent one? This looks like the opposite problem - before you were underextruding, this looks like severe over extruding. Did you adjust the flow rate too high?