New Feature: Get rid of imprint on the outer edge (great for polymer clay cutters)

Until now, “delete outer edge” did not work if your cutter outline was connected to your imprint. So you could not easily delete the outer edge with a shape like this:

Now “Delete outer edge” will work on shapes like this as well! Simply click “Delete outer edge” under “imprint” and the outer edge will be removed.

People have wanted this for a while. Creating this feature it turned out to be much more harder than you might have expected, but it’s looking good and I’m excited to share it with you! Let me know if this works for you or if you run into any issues.

5 Likes

Hi I’ve been trying to get this to work and it still deletes everything attached for me when I select delete outer edge. Is there something else I should be doing, thanks. I’ve tried to attach the link for the one i’m trying at the moment. Hopefully i’ve done it correct.

https://app.cookiecad.com/designer?settings={"purchaseSize"%3A"1.3","cutterSize"%3A33.02,"sizeType"%3A"longest","interiorType"%3A"imprint","imprintDepth"%3A"2","bladeDepth"%3A"7","bladeThickness"%3A"0.4","extraBladeDepth"%3A"4","extraBladeThickness"%3A0.4,"baseHeight"%3A"3","baseWidth"%3A"2","horizontalBarWidth"%3A0,"verticalBarWidth"%3A0,"units"%3A"mm","invertInterior"%3Afalse,"offsetIn"%3Afalse,"offsetInner"%3A0,"forceSolidBar"%3Afalse,"mirror"%3Afalse,"removeImprintBase"%3Afalse,"stampCutterTolerance"%3A0.9,"stampBackHeight"%3A4.5,"stampImprintHeight"%3A3,"deleteOuterPath"%3Afalse,"cutterSet"%3Afalse,"currentStlOutputFile"%3A"83a5ad779c98490582878b40de6d9561%2050W%20V8.stl","centerBar"%3A"none","centerBarWidth"%3A0,"userSize"%3A33.02,"name"%3A"Axolotl"}

Hey, so you’re right this is a little tricky. When there are things inside the outer edge Cookiecad assumes the outer edge is an outline and deletes the whole thing. So for this your best bet is to actually put a disconnected outline around the design. You can do this by using the offset feature in inkscape.

Best,
Nathan