Problème d'impression

Bonjour, tout d’abord félicitations pour votre site il est super et je compte prochainement prendre un abonnement. J’ai l’habitude de créer des emportes pièces depuis votre site puis de les transformer avec cura. Depuis quelque temps cura me transforme mal mes fichiers stl, c’est à dire qu’il me prend en compte uniquement la base du cutter en impression alors que je visualise entiérement mon emporte pièce sur Cura. J’utilise toujours les mêmes mesures et imprime en super quality. Pouvez vous m’aider?

Try using the Prusa Slicer. I prefer it over the Cura Slicer. The Prusa Slicer will actually repair errors it finds in the STL files. Are you using an Creality Ender? If so you can get a Prusa/Ender profile from a YouTuber named CHEP. Cura Profiles - CHEPclub
Prusa Knowledge Base

Just to make it easier to respond I’ll translate your message:

Hello, first of all congratulations on your site, it’s great and I plan to take out a subscription soon. I’m used to creating cookie cutters from your site and then transforming them with cura. For some time now, cura has been transforming my stl files badly, that is to say that it only takes into account the base of the cutter in printing while I am viewing my cookie cutter entirely on Cura. I always use the same measurements and print in super quality. Can you help me?

Thank you! That problem most likely means your cutter blade is too thin to print with your nozzle size. Try these:

1. The first thing to do is to make sure the thin walls setting is turned on in your slicer. Both PrusaSlicer and Cura have a thin walls setting. Turn it on.
  2. Make sure your blade is not too thin for your nozzle to print. Try to increase blade thickness in Cookiecad and see if that makes it show up.
  3. Never resize the cutter in Cura. If you need another size, get a new size from Cookiecad. If you resize it in Cura it will also change the blade thickness.

Let me know if this helps!

Merci! Ce problème signifie probablement que votre lame de coupe est trop fine pour imprimer avec la taille de votre buse. Essayez ceux-ci :

1. La première chose à faire est de vous assurer que le réglage des parois minces est activé dans votre trancheuse. PrusaSlicer et Cura ont tous deux un réglage de parois minces. Allume ça.
  2. Assurez-vous que votre lame n’est pas trop fine pour que votre buse puisse imprimer. Essayez d’augmenter l’épaisseur de la lame dans Cookiecad et voyez si cela la fait apparaître.
  3. Ne jamais redimensionner le cutter dans Cura. Si vous avez besoin d’une autre taille, obtenez une nouvelle taille auprès de Cookiecad. Si vous le redimensionnez dans Cura, cela changera également l’épaisseur de la lame.

Faites-moi savoir si cela aide!

Bonjour, merci pour votre aide!
Effectivement j’ai dû faire une mauvaise manipulation lors des sélections de dimensions sur ccokiecad , par erreur j’ai mis le mur de la trancheuse à 0.2 alors que ma buse est de diamètre 0.4. Me voilà rassurée :slight_smile: merci!

1 Like

Bonjour Carole,
j’utilise une créality CR20 .200b
j’ai réglé mon problème, il venait des murs de ma trancheuse qui était trop petit par rapport à ma buse.
Merci :wink:

Heureux que vous ayez trouvé le problème. J’ai des problèmes comme ça aussi. Ma buse est de 0,4 mm et si je fais des murs quelque chose qui n’est pas un incrément de 0,4, cela cause des problèmes.

Carol, you don’t actually have to make the blade thickness a multiple of your nozzle - your nozzle can extrude different widths. However, you do want to make the blade thickness a multiple of your extrusion width. If you change the blade thickness and don’t also change the extrusion width in the slicer it can lead to gaps.

My rule of thumb is to set extrusion width to 1/2 of the blade thickness + 0.04. So for example: if you want to print a 0.9 mm blade. By default the slicer will have a wall thickness of around 0.4, so two walls will be 0.8 and that will leave a 0.1mm gap between the walls, which may be too thin to fill. The solution is to set the extrusion width (in cura it’s called line width) to 0.49. A 0.4 nozzle can print a 0.49 wall - and that solves the gap problem.

Thanks Nathan. So if I want a blade thickness of 0.6mm I would set the extrusion width to 0.34? I like a thinner blade when cutting gum paste, but when I try and use .6mm the blade always separates from the base. I will try changing the extrusion width and see if that helps.

Thanks!

You would if you have a 0.3 or 0.35 nozzle. But a 0.4 nozzle won’t print lines thinner than 0.4 very well.

You can try setting extrusion width to 0.6 for that. That should create a single wall of 0.6 width. If the cutter doesn’t have sharp corners it may work. Unfortunately, slicers are not great at creating generating single walled extrusions like that. I used to do it with Prusaslicer because it prints faster to print a single wall rather than two - it is doable but more challenging.

If you want to consistently print thinner blades you probably want to get a smaller nozzle.

Another option is to set blade to 0.6 but also use the extra blade feature - that way the thinner blade is not as tall and is less likely to separate.