Welcome New Members

Welcome and thank you! Check out our YouTube video on Cookiecad Basics for help getting started and understanding the kinds of images that work in Cookiecad. Cookiecad - YouTube

Hi, Iā€™m Roberta, and I covered cookiecad this week. Iā€™m loving it. This online app is addictive, I keep making cutters, although some cut but donā€™t stamp well, but thatā€™s a settings problem I have to learn. I decided to make custom cutters to sell and Iā€™ve been doing 3D prints for almost a year, I have a Flsun Q5 printer that I love.

Hello, my name is Jay. I am a product developer for the Museum Store at a regional art museum. A few weeks back, I contacted @CookiecadNathan about making some custom cookie cutters based on items from the museumā€™s collection, and wellā€¦ it just seemed more fun to do it myself using Cookiecad! Iā€™m happy to say that the first prototype printed last night came out very well, and with some fine-tuning, Iā€™ll be able to get the print times down to a reasonable length. Thanks, Nathan for creating this resource!

1 Like

Great work @jay! They look amazing. What item is this cutter based on?

To make it faster try using 0.28 layer height.

1 Like

Thanks, Nathan. This was based on an ancient Chinese funerary sculpture in the form of a Bactrian camel. (Because, who doesnā€™t want such a cookie?) Iā€™ve made about 10 other designs since this first one, andā€“aside from minor tweaks needed to themā€“theyā€™re all looking great!

1 Like

Iā€™m so GLAD you both made the website. Now Iā€™m addicted.

2 Likes

Hi Kristi , would you mind sharing an image of the cake toppers you have 3d printed plz, cheers Kim

Here are a couple that I have designed and printed. I designed them in Silhouette Studio. Turned them into svgā€™s and then used TinkerCad to do any bit of finishing work before making them an .stl. I just realized I have not taken pictures of all that I have done, but I did take screenshots of the process along the way. You can also make the whole design in Silhouette or Inkscape or any software and import it into CookieCad and it will also work. I just find this way better for me.

1 Like

Wow they are amazing. Are you printing in PLA ? I love the Silhouette and itā€™s softwareā€¦ Thank you so much for sharing.

So I print mostly in PETG. I use PLA if I have run out of a color that is needed. I like the texture that comes on the back of the PETG plate. Yes I love that software. I ended up upgrading to the business license since I use it for so many things. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Just got my 3D printer a few days ago.
Iā€™m making some cookie cutters because the old method of hand cutting tracingsā€¦ well it isnā€™t much fun.

Welcome Matt! Glad to have you here. If need any 3d printing assistance feel free to post to the 3d printing category and include your printer and photos of whatever you are experiencing. Have fun making cutters! Itā€™s much better than hand cutting.

hii i was wondering if you use the alta printer with your silhouette software i am trying to buy adifferent easier printer where i doint have to do any slicing and not much calibrating it seems like the alta doesnt have much info on it i have a ender 3 but its giving me a lot of trouble

hi im stacey and i own a treat businessā€¦ i have an ender 3 but i use silhouette for my software for my other prokects i was wondering if the alta printer would be easiet to make cookie and clay cutters because i have so much trouible keeping my ender calibrated i know nothing about slicing and dicing lol all i want to do is make cookie cutter cookie embossers and clay cutters can someone point me in the direcrtion of the best printer for a small business less than 500

Hey Stacey,

I have not heard great things about the Alta. If you donā€™t need a large bed size the prusa mini is a great machine with a self leveler and comes with support and warranty from Prusa.
Iā€™ve heard good things about the anycubic vyper, which has a larger bed and also has a leveler but like the ender youā€™ll need to find support from the community.

If youā€™d like live help fixing your Ender or if you want to ask others advice, you can chat with us in the Cookiecad Discord here: Cookiecad

Hey Stacyā€¦for what you are wanting to do I would suggest a Prusa mini. I am not an Ender fan only because there is so much self-leveling and other things you need to do with it before you can even print. Some of the other printers I do not know about that Nathan suggested are worth looking into, but I as well have not heard good things about the Alta. I think it is Silhouette trying to get into the 3d printing world, but not do it things like you want to do.

Hello everybody! My name is Danny, and Iā€™m an artist by trade and 3d print cookie cutters for my wifeā€™s growing cookie business. I started using cookiecad back in January, and have already printed over 250 unique cutters for my wife. I really love the cookiecad app that youā€™ve written Nathan! I work in 3d animation and your tool is very impressive. I own an Ender 3 Pro, and a Ender S1. Iā€™ve always gotten the best results from my ender 3 pro, and have that machine fine tuned to print only cutters. If anybody has questions about how to get a good strong cutter, Iā€™d love to chip in and give my 2 cents when needed.

Thank you so much!

Thatā€™s really nice of you to offer. In addition to this forum, we also have a discord live chat server at: Cookiecad. If you are up for it, we could use people to pop in to help people with 3d printing cutters.