Feature Requests - What new features would you like to see in Cookiecad?

Hello @CookiecadNathan , thank you for looking at requests! I agree with @littlemissvanilla here is an image of a cutter/ stamp I would love to be able to control the horizontal center bar by moving it up rather than making it larger.

“To be able to move the center bar up or down (i.e. if the cookie character has a face and you just want to put the bar to support the face) AND the option to have both horizontal and vertical center bars at the same time. Love the new cutter/imprint function!!!”

Screenshot_2021-08-09_15-34-26

3 Likes

a way to add a handle to the stamp part of the cutter…maybe a two part print that is a “screw”? top? I’m not sure…but sometimes the stamp gets stuck in the dough.

4 Likes

Option for tapered walls please as it would be so helpful with small cutters. Thank you a million for great work and improvements!

2 Likes

Any chance of the ability to upload completed STL files to the Docs Section

Ideas that I’d like to +1:

• Labels on the outside of the cutter wall
  • Display the cutter height and width in the preview

Would love the idea of (when developing a stamp + cutter) splitting the STLs… so you have the option, when exporting, of the cutter itself and the stamp itself and then both (as it is now).

If you just want the stamp you can select “Stamp” instead of “Cutter+ stamp”.

If you want both but want to just print them separately, in PrusaSlicer click the split objects button to move around or print them separately. In Cura add the mesh tools addon and then you can split it into separate objects to move around or print separately.

1 Like

Curved handles would be great!

1 Like

on tinker caad you are only limited to 3 font options, being able to access all your computer fonts would be great, I am new to this and learning slowly but am so Loving this program

Hey Debbie…if you use a program like inkscape, you can type your text there with whatever font you have on file and save it as .svg file. You can then go to tinker as and import that file in and you will have your words in the font you would like. Hope that helps.

hi Kristi,
for some reason anything I do in an external program and save to svg it won’t import into tinkered for me on windows or Mac, so annoying

Me too. I really want that one too. My dream…

Hello Nathan,
Just wondering if at any chance you working at the moment on possibility making tappered edges. Just can’t wait when could do it in here.
Thanks💜

2 Likes

Just for attention, highlighting 2 features that would really be top notch:

1. Tapered blade edges
  2. Handle behind a stamp (would make it soo much easier to use :+1: )

id like an eraser tool

3 Likes

I would love a feature where you’re able to select certain parts of the image that you want printed so you’re able to print seperate sections (see pic).

1 Like

It would be AMAZING if there was way to know the area of the cutter. So many times I make the wrong size cutter because it’s skinny and turns out little or vice versa!

Having a way to see the area of the cutter would make it brilliant! Cutters could still be made with height/length but would be given an idea of how much dough would be used.

Not sure if this is even remotely possible! Just a frustrated cookier thinking of things to make it easier :joy::joy:

Yes. My fingers would love a rounded edge on the handle!

2 Likes

If you don’t want anything under the embossing parts, choose imprint cutter instead of stamp. You can also use experimental settings → Remove base under imprint to get rid of the base under the embossing parts as well if you don’t need it for strength. If you want to get rid of the outer blade when you do this, just set outer blade width to 0.

2 Likes

Just my suggestion, i making clay cutter and use different size each model.
would be amazing if we can download more than one size STL in one model.

example size 20mm

download set of 5
smaller cutter width 20mm
increment cutter size by 0.5mm
so the largest cutter will be 40mm

i hope what i type make sense, thank you Cookie Cad!

1 Like

would love a way to easily make stencils.