Feature Requests - What new features would you like to see in Cookiecad?

Me too. Want all in one but different sizes. I hope they make one.

Tapering of walls rather than having to make 2 walls one as a cutting edge and one for support.
Also texture rollers, would be amazing.

Are there any plans for adding an option to filet the edges of the handle?

1 Like

Yes, definitely, it is on our list of things to add.

2 Likes

Hi Carol, what setting do you use for stencils?
Tia

Do you perhaps have any idea when it will be possible? :relaxed: Thx!

An option for presets.
EX:

I am cutting -
Clay
Dough
Fondant
etc.

(the options in a drop down. then the best settings for the option selected)

You can make your own presets. Theyā€™re called profiles - click the profiles button to create them. You can search this forum or ask others for their settings, but I would recommend starting with the defaults and then adjusting if there is a change you feel like you want to make.

When saving it adds cookiecad to the file name. Can it add initials of the type of cutter?
Ex.
CookieCad-CS (cutter + stamp)
CookieCad-IC (imprint cutter)
CookieCad-set (cutter set)
CookieCad-PC (Practice Cookie)
CookieCad-C (cutter)
CookieCad-S (stamp)

Iā€™d LOVE to be able to make cake pop molds that I can 3D print! Similar to the ones I currently buy on Etsy: View Cake Pop Stamps by BREADSTAMPS on Etsy. Thanks so much for everything in Cookiecad - itā€™s truly incredible!

Hi! Is this any different than just choosing a cutter + stamp?

Yes, because the pieces have to ā€œinterlockā€ so you can put the cake in. With the cutter + stamp it appears if you pushed cake in it, the bottom piece would fall through.

This post on IG shows the other side of it a little more clearly, but thereā€™s a little plunger: Login ā€¢ Instagram
So what happens is when you pull that plunger up from the counter, and then flip it over, it creates room for you to stuff it with cake in the perfect shape.

Thanks in advance for considering and taking the time to read :slight_smile:

I understand - I do have a question though: Couldnā€™t you stuff the cake into the cutter first, then put it down on the table and put the stamp in to hold the cake down, hold the stamp down with your finger and then pull the cutter up just like you would if there was a plunger?

I suppose you might be able to as a workaround, but getting the cake out of the cutter would almost certainly ruin its shape (the dough is super delicate). The plunger functionality helps it maintain the perfect shape. Anyways just an idea. Thanks!! :slight_smile:

I love the idea, just trying to understand the process. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m being dense but Iā€™m not fully getting how this is more likely to ruin the cake shape than the plunger. I would love to add the feature so the more I understand the better. Here is what I was suggesting in case it wasnā€™t clear:

1 Like

Hi, there. Yes, tapered edge will be amazing feature to have! Thank you

2 Likes

Can the size remain the original size of the image when uploading instead of changing it to 75mm every upload.

The file types that Cookiecad currently accepts - like png or jpg donā€™t really have a real world size. They have a size in pixels but that can be any size depending on the dots per inch. Vector formats like SVG do contain a size - we are working on accepting those and perhaps at that point we can do this.

I havenā€™t read through all the suggestions and I know itā€™s been mentioned beforeā€¦but I am eagerly awaiting the day that I can select to have a blade cut out the middle of my cutter rather than just imprint it!! Like having a circle cutter that can remove the inside circle making it a ring!!! Pretty pleeeasseee!!!

(that can also have an imprint!!)